"To bring youth to Christ through a Scouting Ministry."
The Association of Baptists for Scouting was founded in 1954 on the principles of the common goals of scouting and the moral teachings of faith-based (Baptist) churches.
Jamboree 2017 ABS Exhibit
Jamboree 2017 is here! The ABS Exhibit is open and sharing the gospel. Come by and see us in the Duty to God and Country Mid-Way.
Yellow Paint Faith!!! You have it, now what?? Stop by the ABS Exhibit to learn how you already have Yellow Paint Faith, what you need to do with it. Learn how Yellow Paint Faith connects to your journey with Christ. In the ABS Exhibit adults can also learn more about ABS and how they can help facilitae Duty to God awards!!
Follow our Jamboree Adventure on the ABS Facebook Page
"Baptist Scouting; Reaching, Teaching, & Ministering to Children, Youth, & Families"
July 15-21, 2018 - Philmont Training Center
Offered by the Association of Baptists for Scouting, the course covers:
- How a Scouting Ministry can be a fulfillment of the Great Commission
- Why the religious emblems program is effective education and outreach
- How Baptist youth and adults compose an even higher percentage of participation in the 2017 National Scout Jamboree than in previous years
- How to start and strengthen Baptist Scouting Ministries
- How Scouting can contribute to church growth
- How Scouting reaches individuals and entire families for Christ
- How to maintain Baptist thought and conviction in the world of Scouting
- How Baptist churches actually own their units and are responsible for leadership and membership in keeping with their biblical convictions
- How to qualify for the Baptist Unit Award of Excellence
- And More!
More information to come...
Bring Your Entire Family for a Week You Will Long Remember in the "Land of Enchantment" New Mexico!
New Testaments for BSA High Adventure Bases
One of the projects ABS is proud to assist with is the purchasing of New Testaments for Philmont, Summit, Sea Base and Northern Tier high adventure camps. Any youth or adult may take one of these at no charge not only as a splendid memento of their adventure but use it every day for their living.
Here's are two statements by Ted S. Spangenberg, Jr., President, Association of Baptists for Scouting on the BSA transgender membership policy.
August 7, 2015
Dear Pastor, Youth Minister, Deacon Chairman, and/or other church leadership:
Thank you for using the programs of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) as part of your outreach ministry to your community and congregation. Whether it has been through a Cub Scout Pack, a Boy Scout Troop, or a Venture Crew or some combination of these I trust that you have seen lives changed and families brought into your church through that ministry.
I'm sure you've seen or heard news articles or other information regarding the action of the BSA on July 27 to revise its policy with regard to its adult leader membership standards. In short, they have fully placed into your hands, as a religious chartered partner, the right to select your adult BSA leaders on the basis of your congregation's beliefs and moral standards. ... more